Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday # 23 (Characters I'd Love to Check in with)

TOP TEN TUESDAY is a weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.

Have you ever finished a book and then wonder what would have been of those characters you either loved or hated after the novel ended? I do. Constantly. I love to day-dream about how the lives of those characters went afterwards. The possibilities are endless and so this week I’m gonna tell you my top 10 characters I would love to check in with.



               

  • Amy & Roger from Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour. Am I the only one who didn’t want the book to end? I wanted to know more! And I wish we could get a sequel just to see how their story continued.
  • Simon from The Mortal Instruments Series. Okay, I know Simon is getting now his own novellas but it’s not enough for me. Being honest I don’t think I will keep reading the next two series Cassandra is releasing but I wouldn’t mind an entire book focused on Simon 10/15 years after the novellas.
  • Jaqen H’ghar from Game of Thrones. I won’t say much about this character because I consider a spoiler even the tiniest amount of information regarding this series (even if it’s not) but I will say that this character is fantastic and he deserves more “page-time” (I don’t even know if that’s a word but we are gonna go with it, yes?).
  • Emma Woodhouse from Emma. I adored her. I know many people can’t stand Emma but I did. Yes, I found her a bit irritating yet hilarious and after the ending I wondered many times how her life continued on.


          

  • Auggie Pullman from Wonder. Wonder was my favourite book in 2014 for a reason and it will always hold a special place in my heart. Auggie was a brilliant kiddo and I do wanna know how he did during his next school years and how he kept being a wonder indeed.
  • The Weasley Family from Harry Potter. Not only one of them but all because therefore I would know about most of the characters as well. Yes, I’m aware I’m cheating but it is Harry Potter and you know how I feel about it. It shouldn’t be a surprise hahaha.
  • Jane Eyre from Jane Eyre (excuse the redundancy). Another classic character that I felt in love with. Jane was a phenomenal heroine and after the events of the book I craved for more.


          

  • Wade from Ready Player One. Another favourite of mine from last year. I had a blast reading this book and Wade was one of those flawed characters who stumbles over and over but he always get up, ready to fight for what he believes. I wish we could have known what happened to both OASIS and the players once the novel ended.
  • Holden Caulfield from The Catcher in the Rye. My favourite modern classic (as of right now). Why? Because of the instant connection I had with Holden and can you picture him as an adult? Would he have changed? Or not? So there's that!
  • Connor from A Monster Calls. Middle grade books do something to me. I can’t explain it properly but they get beneath my skin and they make me bawl my eyes out, both in a good and a bad way. A Monster Calls was no exception and Connor is another character I would love to check in with.

And that is all for another Top Ten Tuesday. Let me know below if you fantasize sometimes about the lives of those characters you read long ago :)

For more bookish updates you can add me on Goodreads!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vintage Classics: Brontë Series

Maybe you don’t know this about me but I collect different edition of Jane Eyre and when I learnt that Vintage was releasing the new Brontë series I just couldn’t say no. 

Book Review // Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt  by Rob Buyea { Goodreads } Published by Yearling in 2011 Paperback edition; 288 pages { BookDepository } " Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special.  It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . .  Jessica,  the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in;  Alexia,  a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next;  Peter,  class prankster and troublemaker;  Luke,  the brain;  Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy  Anna,  whose home situation makes her an outcast; and  Jeffrey,  who hates school.  Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident changes everything—and everyone. "

Reading Diary | February Books | 2018

Feb, 1st - 15:15. Finished the second book in the first volume of the Riyria Revelations and I was pleasantly surprised. I still think the world building is the weakest thing about the story because it's not greatly developed but the story is well-written and entertaining. I'm planning on continuing reading the series because now I'm intrigued enough to want to know how everything will unfold. Feb, 7th - 10:33.  I'm finally prepared to go and see the movie Call Me By Your Name because I just finished reading the novel. I enjoyed it quite a bit. It is a celebration of love and an exploration of sex and identity. It's quite explicit though so if you feel uncomfortable with that keep it in mind if you're planning on reading it. My full review of the book is HERE (I also talk a little bit about the movie).