Skip to main content

Book Haul # 2 Part 1

With an ever growing TBR one might think I wouldn’t be buying more books any time soon but let’s be honest here, you all know that’s not gonna happen. One of the many consequences of being a “bookaholic” is that my brain doesn’t respond correctly when its rational part tells him not to press the buy-bottom. And that’s basically why we, or rather I, are in this situation: more and more books and less and less space on the shelves, but hey? At least I’m happy. No, seriously now guys, I am urgently in need of new shelves and the worst thing is that there is nowhere to put them and the book are stacked up wherever and it’s a little bit stressful to be honest.

If you’ve read the title, you would have noticed that it says PART 1, yes dearies, it was impossible to fit all the books I wanted to show you in a single post without making it a never ending story so you get 2 posts. YAY!


All the books featured in both posts have been accumulated since July. The ones in this first part are from my birthday but all of the books in part 2 I’ve bought in September and I blame my knee for that. It’s logical though, if I cannot move and I spend my days between the pages of a book and the internet is inevitable that I would definitely take a teeny tiny look at thebookdepository, right? RIGHT? 
But enough of my yackety-yak already and let’s mutually feed this bookish addiction, shall we? 




  • We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
  • Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout
  • Slammed by Colleen Hoover
  • Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley
  • Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
  • Midnight Thief by Livia Blackburne
  • Say What You Will by Cammie McGovern
  • Something Real by Heather Demetrios
  • All The Lights We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr


One of my favourite genres of all time has to be historical fiction. And so when All The Lights We Cannot See came out I HAD TO BUY IT. I was like an external force was compelling me to buy it and I did. Something Real is a contemporary (which is not my favourite genre but during the summertime I tend to gravitate around it… Don’t ask me why, I do not know the answer to that) about TV, and you know that I love my TV shows so I decided to give it a go and it has a good rating on Goodreads.


Then we have the Midnight Thief which is a fantasy YA book that reminds me of Robin Hood even though they have nothing in common. You should know by now that my brain works in a funny way… And we have another contemporary, Say What You Will, which I bought because it deals with mental health among other issues like cerebral palsy and I wanted to see how Cammie McGovern approached those issues. 


These next three books are also contemporaries. I bought Slammed because I was very curious to see why everybody seems to love Colleen Hoover books but I still haven’t found time to read it. Both We Were Liars and Where Things Come Back I've already read! We Were Liars has been much hyped and I thought it was okay, the ending really surprised me and if you want to know more I did a review of it. Where Things Come Back was definitely a strange read but a very nice one.


Lastly, as far as this first part is concerned, we have Ruin and Rising the third and final installment in the Grisha trilogy and now I can finally marathon all the books. And then there is Opposition the fifth and final book in the Lux series. This cover is as hideous as the original ones… one might think that when there is a cover change is supposed to be for the better… well, they still did it wrong. Anyways, I’m currently reading Opal, the third book, and I’m really enjoying the series. I plan on finishing it by the end of the month.

And that’s the end of part 1! Have you read any of these books? Let me know in the comments below =)

Go to Part 2!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vintage Classics: Brontë Series

Maybe you don’t know this about me but I collect different edition of Jane Eyre and when I learnt that Vintage was releasing the new Brontë series I just couldn’t say no. 

Book Review // Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt  by Rob Buyea { Goodreads } Published by Yearling in 2011 Paperback edition; 288 pages { BookDepository } " Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special.  It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . .  Jessica,  the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in;  Alexia,  a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next;  Peter,  class prankster and troublemaker;  Luke,  the brain;  Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy  Anna,  whose home situation makes her an outcast; and  Jeffrey,  who hates school.  Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident changes everything—and everyone. "

Reading Diary | February Books | 2018

Feb, 1st - 15:15. Finished the second book in the first volume of the Riyria Revelations and I was pleasantly surprised. I still think the world building is the weakest thing about the story because it's not greatly developed but the story is well-written and entertaining. I'm planning on continuing reading the series because now I'm intrigued enough to want to know how everything will unfold. Feb, 7th - 10:33.  I'm finally prepared to go and see the movie Call Me By Your Name because I just finished reading the novel. I enjoyed it quite a bit. It is a celebration of love and an exploration of sex and identity. It's quite explicit though so if you feel uncomfortable with that keep it in mind if you're planning on reading it. My full review of the book is HERE (I also talk a little bit about the movie).